In 2018, we are committing ourself to achieving the best performances within the framework of implementing public policies at the local level and this, in line with the orientations of Growth and Strategy Paper (GSP) and the New Urban Agenda. Our intervention strategy will take into consideration the effects induced by the economic and financial programme signed between the State of Cameroon and the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and the new types of needs expressed by Councils and our fellow citizens.
Therefore, we are envisaging to improve knowledge of the territories, in view of having a mapping of the needs of the local authorities and providing thereto better adapted answers through the formulation of relevant programmes. This will equally mean increasing our intervention capacities by intensifying cooperation activities and optimizing the use of the resources mobilized by the State and its partners for the funding of decentralization. In this regard, our actions shall fall under five components, namely :
- Improving the level of resources through among others, the optimization of the follow-up of our resources and speeding up the consumption level of the resources derived from international cooperation;
- Harmonious and inclusive funding of local development through among others, a more balanced redistribution of funding on the entire national territory, consideration of gender, the youths and vunerable population, and convergence towards the GESP and SDGs ;
- Promoting local govrnance through among others, strengthening the support to the activities of local authorities in the exercise of the competences transferred, pursueing the promotion, dissemination and follow-up of the prractices rewarded within the framework of FEICOM National Award for Councils’ Local Development best practices;
- Constant improvement of the performance of the organization through among others, the mastering of expenses, appropriating the requirements of version 2015 of ISO 9001 and strengthening internal control as well as risk management;
- Lastly, modernizing the management of the human capital through among others, pursueing modernization of the working environment of the staff, strengthening the workforce and building the capacities of the workers, strengthening corporate spirit as well as appropriating the values and commitments contained in our Code of Ethics.
Finally, 2017 was for us, a moment of assertion through important achievements in the Councils, and a year of introspection and self examination on our real capacity to satisfy the needs of our fellow citizens. This self-reflection enabled to forecast on the year 2018, an important year for, it coincides with the end of the tenures of the Council Executives put in place in 2013 and marks the end of the second cycle of budget-programme, the management method we committed ourselves to since 2013.
As both your proposals and observations are awaited in view of improving our results, we invite you to visit this site which is yours too, in order to acquaint yourselves with our activities.
Good surfing !
Philippe Camille AKOA
- << Précédent